Orange and Fennel Salad

Hi internet space,

Wow, I can't believe it's been 1.5 years since the last post! So basically, I was on a trip to Sri Lanka recently when I had a bit of an epiphany, I missed blogging. I missed the excitement of documenting my recipes, experimenting with photography and writing and especially this little space I can call my own.

So here I am, back for good I hope. With a simple recipe to slowly ease my way back.

This salad is tangy, fresh and so easy to throw together. The cranberries add a touch of sweetness while the almonds add an extra element of crunch. The flavours pair perfectly with any grilled or barbequed meat or fish.



Orange and Fennel Salad

Recipe adapted from Food Network

Serves 4

Ingredients

2 large fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
2 medium oranges, peeled and segmented
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1 tablespoon almond flakes

Method 

Place fennel slices and orange segments in a salad bowl. In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Add salad dressing to the salad bowl and toss. Finally add in the dried cranberries and almond flakes.

Best served cold.