Mint and Lemon Slice Ice Cubes


   Mint and Lemon Slice Ice Cubes
What a rubbish week this has been!

The deadline for my first big work project was due in this week which resulted in late nights or very early mornings. So naturally come Thursday afternoon when the final edits were sent to off to the printers I was doing jumps of joy internally and already planning my weekend in detail.

I get home at a decent hour and decide I should go for a run shoes as I am training for my first 10k run in about 4 weeks. 2k in and I manage to fall spectacularly, twisting my ankle badly in the process, and almost rolled into a drain!

A trip to the hospital later confirmed that I’ve badly sprained the ankle and require lots of rest which is really frustrating. Then on Saturday morning, the ‘home’ button on my iPhone stops working!

Anyway here we are on a Sunday night, my ankle isn’t as swollen, my phone has been fixed and I have had a lot of sleep for the last couple of days thanks to the awesome meds prescribed by the doctor!

A glass of water will never look the same again!
Because of my inability to walk properly or even stand up for long periods of time, I wanted to make something easy yet fun this weekend. I’ve come across similar ideas on Pinterest (oh how I love thee!) and because I am a sucker for pretty things, this idea has got me totally hooked! <3
The lemon and mint flavour the water as well!
These ice-cubes are so versatile and fun and most importantly oh so pretty to look at! They would be perfect for dinner parties and tea parties, for girlies events, or simply because you like your ice cubes to look pretty!

I can’t wait to freeze berries, sliced kumquats and grapes! And I especially cannot wait to incorporate these into cocktails! 

Mint and Lemon Slice Ice Cubes

Ingredients

Lemon slices, cut into smaller pieces
Mint leaves
Ice tray

Method
 
Place lemon pieces in each cube compartment and top with mint leaf.
Pour water as you would normally to create ice-cubes.
Freeze.
Use to jazz up a glass of plain water, or to make your cocktail/mocktails/fruit juices to stand out!