Basic Waffles


Waffles <3


In the last couple of months there has been a significant rise in the number of waffle related blog posts; simple recipes paired with drool worthy photos of freshly made waffles drizzled heavily with syrup, topped with fresh fruit or generous scoop of ice-cream.
 Nothing more delicious than freshly made waffles with a large knob of butter..
Although tempted to jump on the bandwagon, I had no waffle maker. To acquire one proved to be quite the task. It seemed that every store I popped into had run out of waffle makers!  Very strange. Anyway my lovely mother ended up purchasing one for me from a pretty inconspicuous store, and so I am now a proud owner of a lovely waffle maker. 
Waffles served with Passion fruit curd
For my first waffle post, I decided to stick to a no-fuss, no-frills, basic recipe. After all everyone needs a basic waffle recipe in his/her life! The batter can be made the day before and refrigerated but it’s also perfectly fine to be made for immediate consumption. 

I served these waffles with a large knob of butter and passion fruit curd. Crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside, light and delicious! If I say so myself. 

Basic Waffles

Makes 6-8 waffles

Recipe from ShopCookMake

Ingredients


½ cup butter, melted
1½ cup milk
2 eggs, room temperature
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour

Method
  1. Mix butter and milk well and set aside.
  2. Beat eggs, salt, sugar, vanilla extract and baking powder. 
  3. Add the milk mixture and beat until incorportated.
  4. Add the flour in 3 batches.
  5. Use immediately or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.
  6. Cook waffles according to instructions that come with waffle maker.