Sour Cherries Chocolate Muffins

Sour Cherries Chocolate Muffins
Since starting my job as an Editor, and having to endure being stuck in traffic for almost an hour every morning, I have been on the look out for recipes which are suitable to be eaten on the go and fun and tasty (with a bit of chocolate to perk me up!)
Each muffin is chock full of cherries and chocolate!
When I came across this recipe on my favourite website BBC Good Food I knew I had to try this out as soon as I could! This recipe combines sour cherries and chocolate - both dark and white! I knew it was going to be a winner. It's only takes a matter of minutes to throw together and within 30-40 minutes you will have a batch of freshly baked muffins ready to be devoured.

Sour Cherries Chocolate Muffins

Adapted from BBC Good Food

Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients

250g self raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
140g dried sour cherries
100g white chocolate chunks
100g dark chocolate chunks
100g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
150ml plain yoghurt
100g butter, melted

Method
  1. Pre-heat oven to 200C and line muffins with paper cases. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. 
  2. Toss in the cherries, chocolate and sugar. 
  3. Add the beaten eggs, yoghurt and butter and stir to combine. The batter will look lumpy but it is important not to over-mix as the muffins will turn out tough.
  4. Fill the paper cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
  5. Especially delicious eaten warm!